Blue Oval Fanatics - Ford Forum

Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > General Car Discussions > General Ford News

Unread 11-27-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
volcom15
Cadet

Fan#: 4648
What I Drive: 1992

volcom15 Good Standing Member
Mustang 1992 Combination Help needed.

God bless you all,i need help for my mustang 1992,im putting together a new shortblock,its 302 std bore theres 2 cam that i like its trick flow stage 4 or 5,with of these 2 cams would do better for the c4 that i have and the converter is a 4200 stall ? thanks for your help.

Unread 11-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #2
white89gt
Administrator Shane

Fan#: 1293
What I Drive: 1989 Mustang GT, 1997 F150

white89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Member
With that high of a stall, I'd do stage 5 based on the power curve.

Curious... what heads are you running?
Unread 11-28-2017, 11:05 PM   #3
volcom15
Cadet

Fan#: 4648
What I Drive: 1992

volcom15 Good Standing Member
Hi,thanks for helping me out,my heads are aftermarket heads,aluminum heads with 2.02 1.60 valves very very extensive modification done to it,they are about 56cc,i put this head in my mustang heavy weight no weight taken off with 373 gear on pump gas and ran quickly in the 12 in the 1/4,the short block its 302 std bore and the compression is 190 in all of them,the car right now i have taken from it a lot of weight,i change the gear to 410,the plenum before this with a gt 40,but i habe niw change it for a trick flow track heat,the new short block still be 302 std bore but i replace the factory piston for a ross dome .200 one,i also have a .440 dome piston but with that cam theres and these heads will not work since the dome is too high and theres no piston to valve clearence,so i have to use the .200 to work fine with the .595 lift,any comment its a great help